Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bush to Slash Gas Subsidies for Iraq

First of all, my apologies for missing updates the past few days, as I've been suffering from a cold the likes of which I have not seen in many, many years. I still have hired hands combing the deserts for my left lung, and had to go the doctor this morning to get my eye reattached after it popped out during a tragic coughing episode. To sum it up: my weekend sucked.

Yes, I know, Alito hearings are going on, and I'm going to cover them in more depth in future updates. For now, I'm hurried.

Now, then. Looks like Bush is going to cut gas subsidies for Iraqis:

WASHINGTON, Jan 10 (Reuters) - President George W. Bush said on Tuesday reforming Iraqi gasoline subsidies was a necessary step for economic reform.

"Until recently government subsidies put the price of fuel in Iraq at artificially lower prices, really low prices," Bush said. "Changing these subsidies is a necessary step on the path for economic reform."


Now, Sally Forth me if I'm wrong, but, prior to us invading their country, wasn't Iraqi gas unsubsidized and cost about 25 cents per gallon? What is wrong with this picture?

Posted by crimnos @ 11:42 AM

Read or Post a Comment

You are wrong! I was told it was 5 cents a gallon when Hussein was their leader and their electricity was free to boot. We suck even more than you think!!

Posted by Blogger Mikey and Maddie's Momma @ 3:13 PM #
 

*cringe* It's become painful to read the news.

Looking forward to your thoughts on Alito, but that can wait til you feel better, because !Yikes, Crimnos! I hope you feel better soon. That sounds like the "cold" I had just before Christmas (although thank gord my eye didn't pop out, I probably would have gone into shock). Lemme guess: coughing until you can't breath, sinuses stuffed past capacity, sore everywhere, and a general feeling of ickiness? Here's a tip: Robitussin Night Relief is much, much better than anything the doctor could possibly give you. Rest up.

by the way, if you get a chance, please come see my pics before Friday :)

Posted by Blogger Habituelle @ 1:31 AM #
 
<< Home