Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Site Overhaul Soon

Just wanted to post an update on what's going on with the Junkheap - I have every intention to carry on with this site, as I have for close to three years now, in various forms, but for a long while my contribution to the site has devolved to simply sharing news bites every day, sometimes more, sometimes less. With the important midterm elections just around the corner and a possible Democratic majority in at least one house of Congress along with the Bush Administration's continuing war on freedom, it is now more important than ever to continue getting the word out as much as possible.

I know this is not a huge site by any stretch of the imagination; I consider myself fortunate if I garner 100 visitors a day, but I still like to think that I'm getting the information out there in numerous search engines, if nothing else, which truly lives up to the original concept of the site, as a repository of information that might have been overlooked during the crush of the media to certain other facets of news stories.

So I am going to be overhauling both the site design and the format and tenor of entries beginning very soon. I find that, often, people are more likely to be held by a story that features a related image, so every story will feature either a video or image related to the story, as well as a return to covering some of the lesser-known facts of bigger stories, which will most likely necessitate two articles in most posts. I will also offer deeper analysis of the stories, but will still maintain my distance as more of an observer rather than an overwhelming personality, as so many political blogs have devolved into cults of personality.

So keep reading - good things are coming!

Posted by crimnos @ 8:41 AM