Monday, September 26, 2005

The Poll Tax Returneth

First note: Cindy Sheehan was JUST arrested in front of the White House. Developing...

Heard about this on the Thom Hartmann show, and I'm shocked. The Republicans in Georgia are now pushing to require a driver's license or State ID card in order to vote. How much do they cost? $25. Who is least likely to have a driver's license or State ID? The poor. So, no money, no ID, no vote.

How is this not a poll tax? Read about it at the ACLU.

Posted by crimnos @ 2:07 PM

Read or Post a Comment

oh f*n christ! I finished the new biography of Medgar Evers on the plane...and now this...

Posted by Blogger Jes @ 8:47 PM #
 

I know...I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this case until today.

Posted by Blogger crimnos @ 8:58 PM #
 

Yeah, I heard that they kept Cindy for a long time and in hand cuffs the whole time!!!

Fucking Fascists!!

Posted by Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful @ 2:26 PM #
 
<< Home